Monday, May 29, 2017

High School Art Show Update

There are several things that run through my mind as I reminisce on the Art Show that was this past Thursday at my high school. A lot of emotions. A lot of hatred and heartache. A lot of sadness and disappointment. Most of my artwork was created in response to the school and various others putting me through hell.  Me not being listened to. Me not fitting in in all sorts of different ways this school year. Practically all of my artwork had come from the heartache and the suffering that people, faculty who lied and spread rumors about me, in that school had created and abused me with. Now this artwork was displayed, in that very building that had tried to break me. That had harassed me and made fun of me until I practically almost gave in. But there was something rather empowering within all of this also. I got to rub artwork, successful artwork, in the face's of all of those who had hurt me. I had felt whole. I had felt like I had accomplished the greatest revenge on those who had tried to hurt me: success. So on that note, I can only be so disappointed with the artwork that was put out for all to see at the art show this past Thursday evening. I did not necessarily put out my best work, but I am highlighting a few of my favorites, which are shown below.






While these pieces are not entirely successful, they are successful considering the circumstances. I am overall happy, because it shows me in even the worst of times, you can still create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment